Saturday, March 17, 2012

Trying the Jogja food~

Even in our hotel, we got the chance to try the local cuisine during breakfast buffet. =D
Irshad had told me that the must-try in Jogja is always its "Gudeg"...

Gudeg is the one on bottom right, it doesn't look tempting from first sight though...
It's actually a traditional food from Central Java and becomes trademark of Jogja.
The taste...ermmm...personally I'm not really favor its combination--Nangka+Santan+some spices mix with Chicken which is kinda moist and abit too sweet!
Ok, at least I tried but wouldn't ask for more! xP

As for the desserts, my sight was captured by this "tau fu fah" of Jogja...
Irshad said this is "Bubur Sumsum".
The taste and texture is abit like Kuih Talam, but served as if we're eating Tau Fu Fah...quite nice also... :)

Then, we proceed with the kuih-muih...
The red AngGu kuih is known as "Mata Kerbau"--cow's eyes... pretty much similar to ours...
I've forgotten the name for that beautifully omelete wrapped kuih, with glutinous rice and grated coconut inside, which I thought is like otak-otak. For this appearance, I like it so much!
The one I ate with cili padi taste like fried popiah, with thicker than ordinary skin...

And finally, I discovered another way to eat bread with butter, besides adding white sugar as usual, I would add chocolate chips next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment