This post is designated to the juniors who might be going for OGIP in the coming years~
so this was how the competition going on...
The night of arrival, all the participants gathered to introduce ourselves.
I would say, I like our intro :-
Appetizer - UTP song chorus; Main Course - Name and Ethnic/Nationality; Appetizer - *sound effect*!
Our team, 7 of us, are COLORFUL!!! (Malay, Chinese, Indian, Cambodian & Indonesian!)
Plus, there is a star shining in our team!
After briefing about the smart competition flow and group arrangement (as bottom), we found many problems with the system. So our lecturer argued. I felt like voicing out my mind so I joined the argument too...
From the argument I can conclude that UTP was the Problems Voicer, ITB was the Solution Provider, while UPN was the dunno-how-to-responder.
From here, I could see why ITB is the top uni in Indon. Somehow, I got the feeling that they would be champion the next day...
From the team arrangement, I felt that smart competition is just about the matter of luck!
(then on the day of competition, we found another winning factor)
but still, we tried to have faith on ourselves, were trying our best to maximize the chances to go to final stage...
but still, we tried to have faith on ourselves, were trying our best to maximize the chances to go to final stage...
(actually i started to regret for 'participating' in the argument before~)
So the next day, UTP team A was in group A2, team B in group B1.
Team A met ITB and another strong team, so unluckily eliminated at high mark.
Team B was luckily competing with weaker teams so proceed to the next round.
But unluckily, the excessive Geoscience questions and 'slower' buzzing were still the key factors for the lost.
I wonder why the hosting university team could predict the questions before the MC finish reading?
Besides participating in the competition, Ainin was performing during lunch break too!
Juniors, if you're going for OGIP, please remind the organizer not to repeat the same arrangement as below...
Elimination Stage : 3-4 teams form a group to compete and choose the best 2. [group A1,A2; B1,B2; C1,C2]
Semi-Final Stage : 2 winners from previous stage fight with another 1 or 2 winners. [group A, B, C]
Final Stage : Finally, only ONE team will be selected out of 3 or 4 teams competed in previous stage.
This was why, we questioned about the system besides arguing for the team arrangement...
Each stage started with 5 compulsory questions which ur team randomly pick from the envelope and can only be answered by ur team (only team leader can approach the mic),
then toss-up questions which u need to buzz *quickly* and answer within 5 sec, correct gain 10 mark, wrong deduct 10 mark! if u answered correctly in toss-up, then bonus ques will be given only to ur team with 20 mark gained if correct (no mark loss if wrong).
All questions pronounced by the Indon slang english, visual aids available only if question needed.
So be familiar with In-glish before going!
Basically the flow went like this... part of the story to tell before we forgot by next year~
No comments:
Post a Comment